[WFRP2e] Morrslieb's Shadow 24

My PC
Maximillian Morningglory, Halfling Agitator
Magnus the Pony

My companions
Udrin Sor-Valdir - High Elf Wizard
Ludovic Hasselhoff - Human Entertainer

Absent Players/NPCs
Gustav Jaeger - Human Priest of Verena (Became GMPC)
Farnoth - High Elf NPC

From Maximillian's journal:

(Previous update)

Our time as guests at the Verenean temple was soon to come to an end. They had wrung from us all the knowledge they thought we were worth (or that we were willing to relinquish), and the temple was excited to lodge some new guests from Bögenhafen. Ludovic and I decided on one last trip to the tavern known as the Bucket for some parting games of chance.

We were having a dandy time playing cards and making friends when the cultist scum from our previous tavern (and subsequent back alley) encounter entered with a grim patsy in tow. The two took a seat at the bar and sent their patsy to our table to join our game. It was at this point that I started assessing escape routes.

Ludovic charmed our newcomer with his glib tongue and free ale. I tried to emulate him, but my halfling has not yet wrapped itself around the complexities of non-pastry small-talk. Ludovic soon left me to the cards and went to the bar to join our foes.

Well into the night, the humans were quite drunk, and it was obvious that someone at our table had made out very well in our games of cards....and it wasn't Ludovic or I. Accusations started flying and weapons were drawn. Ludovic made his escape with a barmaid he had been wooing in his off time, and I slipped out a window I had scouted earlier. We left to obvious sounds of violence and death.

When the ruckus had settled, and Ludovic had taken off with is barmaid, I peeked back into the Bucket to see how things had shaken out. The evening's winner stalked past me out into the town proper. Inside lie three dead or dying bodies.

I entered to check out the bodies of our foes, to find the guilty marks of chaos on their evil bodies. I found no such marks, but there was some extra silver and brass they would never make use of again. That went into my pocket right before the barkeep sent me to fetch the watch.

Apparently theirs was a more insidious evil which left its marks on this inside rather than the outside.

On the morrow, the others rented a coach and began our travels to Ubersreik. They were in a hurry to get to the next destination and were none too sympathetic when I told them Magnus insisted on stopping at each shrine to Sigmar along they way. They made me untie Magnus from the coach, lead him over to the shrine, and catch up to the coach when he was finished.

The city of Ubersreik is very large, with stone walls. There were many other concerned citizens such as myself who were on the streets warning the ignorant throngs of approaching Chaos. I could learn a lot, and maybe make some money, by learning their oratory skills.

A couple things have come to my attention after the time I have spent with this group. 1) I may be in need of a bodyguard. 2) I have no idea how they make money. However, since I have had to pay for neither shelter nor food to this point, it is of little worry.  If I am to pay for a bodyguard, though, I must find a steady source of income.  This may be difficult with the group always on the go as they are. We'll see what the future holds.

Popular posts from this blog

[D&D 5e] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden 17

The Gathering Storm Complete Play Report